COUPLES and RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING
COUPLES & RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING
When to Seek Couples and Relationship Counselling:
- When communication has become negative or broken down completely.
- When couples become more like roommates than an intimate couple.
- When one or both partners are considering an affair or have had an affair.
- When partners don't know how to solve their differences.
- When the only resolution seems to be separation.
- When the couple is staying together simply for the sake of their children.
The Benefits of Couples and Relationship Counselling:
- A safe environment to communicate with your significant other and be heard.
- Support to grow together in relationship with another.
- Freedom and support to take responsibility for your own process without needing to take care of another.
- The opportunity to experience non-judgmental communication being modelled and encouraged.
- Knowing you have done everything you could do to grow your relationship or make the appropriate transition within or from this relationship.
What to Expect in Sessions:
I will explain the process of Couples and Relationship Counselling, including: I will guide each of you to share what your concerns and hopes are; you will use respectful, non-violent communication practices; we will follow a clear, mutually agreed-upon agenda, with openness to being with whatever might arise in the moment; I will offer "homework" for you individually or as a couple to do between appointments.
- Each person will be supported to take responsibility for their own thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and unhealthy strategies that may arise.
- Past issues and future planning will be explored as needed, but I will encourage and support you to see and speak from the present moment.